‘Recruiting for your future success’
Our client is a well-known, family-run business based at the Innovation Centre in Colchester. They provide ongoing support and maintenance for air-conditioning, heating & gas, renewable energy, BMS and electric systems.
With a passion for quality, transparency and long-lasting relationships with their clients, they are looking for a like-minded individual to join their team as an Accounts Assistant to work collaboratively with the internal teams in a finance function.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a willing and enthusiastic team player to work closely with the operations and field-based team daily, keeping systems up to date and recording financial related data accurately to weekly and monthly deadlines.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
· Assisting in raising sales invoices to weekly targets, ensuring they are accurately detailed, along with relevant reports and sending the invoice to the customer via their required method.
· Effective control of sales ledgers, meeting monthly targets and deadlines.
· Reviewing non-conformance and chasing suppliers for credit notes and VAT invoices as necessary.
· Reconciling purchase ledgers and expenses.
· Processing of supplier invoices, ensuring they agree to the purchase order/works.
· Updating company software systems with payment status on both accounts receivable and payable.
· Assisting both team members and clients with queries.
· Ensure all procedures are adhered to at all times.
· General administrative duties.
· Assisting the Operations Team on an ad-hoc basis.
· Accounts experience essential.
£19.5-24k | Mon-Fri 8-5 (hybrid working) | Excellent Working Environment (discounted gym membership, games room, discounted nursery onsite, café discount) | 23 Days Annual Leave (increasing with service) | Raising Invoices, Producing Accurate Reports, Credit Control/Chasing Suppliers, Reconciling Ledgers, Working with Internal Teams | Accurate, Detail Orientated, Customer-Focused, Collaborative | Family Run-Business, Quality-Orientated, Relationship-Focussed, Service-Driven
· Team player with a positive can-do attitude
· Excellent communication skills both written and oral
· High level of attention to detail
· Self-motivated with a positive outlook and a clear focus on accuracy
· Well organised and able to work effectively and calmly under pressure with a high level of tact, diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality.
· Natural problem solver
LIGHTHOUSE PERSONNEL LTD ARE A RECRUITMENT AGENCY WORKING ON BEHALF OF A CLIENT.
PLEASE NOTE WE RECEIVE A LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS PER VACANCY AND UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT RESPOND TO ALL APPLICANTS. THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US WITHIN A MONTH FROM APPLICATION DATE, IT IS LIKELY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
If you have been successful, we will contact you by the phone and begin taking you through our step by step recruitment process, doing our utmost to ensure the role is right for you, ascertaining your suitability in the process. This process will all be explained on initial contact.
If you are interested in the role and have further questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01206 984042 to speak to one of our team members confidentially.
- Employment Terms
- Working Hours
- Mon-Fri 8-5
- Employment Duration
- 11 November, 2021