Gerard Francis is the Owner and Managing Director of the Colchester based recruitment company Lighthouse Personnel Ltd.
Leaving college at the age of 18 without any sense of career direction; Gerard began a career in sales, (spending 3 years in insurance, 5 years in apprenticeships and training, and 2 years in healthcare staffing).
Combining his experiences of training and helping others, Gerard launched Lighthouse Personnel to provide worthwhile, transparent support to those looking for a new opportunity.
Discussed in this episode:
- Why we sometimes put off going for our dream job.
- Some of the myths we tell ourselves about why we can't move jobs.
- What we are missing out on, when not going for the jobs we would really love.
- The things we should be doing in preparation for looking for a new job.
- CV strategies.
- How to use our existing networks for opportunities.
- Using LinkedIn effectively.
- Where should we be looking for opportunities and what resources are most effective.
- Job Descriptions & Applications.
- Just how important are desirable skills?
- What to do if you don't quite fit the job on paper.
- General tips for approaching interviews.
- Anxiety - How to help calm nerves before interviews.
- Clothing - What is deemed 'interview worthy' for interviews.
- Tips for when you are asked to do tests on interview
- How to ask great questions.
- How to deal with challenging questions.
- How to follow up after an interview and asking for feedback.
- The common mistakes that people make when applying for jobs.
- What to look for in a company to work with, when searching for a new job.
- The process Gerard takes clients through when working with them.
- The success stories Gerard has seen whilst working with his clients.
DISCLAIMER: Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or lifestyle change. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have heard on the podcast or on this website. Always seek the advice of a legal or financial professional or other qualified provider with any questions you may have regarding a legal or financial matter. Never disregard professional legal or financial advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have heard on the podcast or on this website.
Follow Gerard Francis:
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: Lighthouse Personnel
You can follow Ross Dean & Make Today Count at:
Facebook - https://facebook.com/rossdeanphoto
Twitter - https://tw
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/rossdeanphoto)