‘Recruiting for your future success’
Our client operates nearly 60 franchised depots across the UK. Its network of dedicated courier services means urgent, or sensitive freight can be collected within 60 minutes of booking and delivered anywhere in the UK or Europe. They are used by people who need to get important deliveries from A to B as quickly and securely as possible, and they offer an immediate and dedicated service. Our client moves any size or shape of product, and they have access to a fleet of 4,000 vehicles ranging from full-weight artics to car-derived vans. A 24/7 business, 365 days of the year, our client delivers, whatever to wherever – your local partner with a national reach. They’re there.
To develop effective transport plans and control resources ensuring customer and business requirements are achieved while complying with legal responsibilities. To manage the sourcing and booking of vehicles in line with company procedures.Liaise with General Manager, Customer Service Advisors and the Traffic Manager as well as customers, suppliers, drivers, contractors, and other employees at all levels within the Company, compliance to HSE legislation and Company objectives.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
· Ensure the effective use of our client’s vehicles and drivers
· Negotiate prices with subcontracted drivers
· Effectively manage drivers through on-going communication, supplemented by the use of navigation analysis screen
· Ensure that the internal tracking system housekeeping is completed to the required standards
· Understand and achieve specific targets regarding required margin, costs per mile and vehicle utilisation
· Review allocated customers making sure that work is planned to time and correct equipment is efficiently utilised
· Constantly communicate with customer services and drivers to ensure customer KPI targets are achieved and maintained
· Have a working knowledge of the UK highway network and relevant highway standards
· Work to deadlines and work independently when required
· Communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and clients
· Flexible approach required to cover on-call rota system
£18k - £21k Basic Salary | Colchester | Mon – Fri | 9am - 5pm | Professional | Confident Manner | Attention to detail | Microsoft Word/Excel and Outlook | ambitious | Fast paced industry |
· Professional and confident manner
· Excellent Communicator
· Excellent customer service skills
· Must have excellent attention to detail
· Ability to work within a team and under own initiative
· Good organisational skills
· Ability to work well under pressure, in this time sensitive environment
· Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
· Report writing
· IT Literate, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
· Good geographical knowledge and postcodes of the UK
LIGHTHOUSE PERSONNEL LTD ARE A RECRUITMENT AGENCY WORKING ON BEHALF OF A CLIENT.
PLEASE NOTE WE RECEIVE A LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS PER VACANCY AND UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT RESPOND TO ALL APPLICANTS. THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US WITHIN A MONTH FROM APPLICATION DATE, IT IS LIKELY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
If you have been successful, we will contact you by the phone and begin taking you through our step by step recruitment process, doing our utmost to ensure the role is right for you, ascertaining your suitability in the process. This process will all be explained on initial contact.
If you are interested in the role and have further questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01206 984042 to speak to one of our team members confidentially.
- £18k - £21k
- Employment Terms
- Working Hours
- Mon - Fri 9-5
- 16 November, 2021