‘Recruiting for your future success’
Our client is a friendly, forward-thinking Accountancy practice who were created from a merger of 3 local established practices in the Hadleigh, Ipswich & Felixstowe areas who joined forces in order to offer clients a professional & pro-active service, whilst being able to maintain the personal touch. They adopt a very much modern accounting approach and offer a friendly, down-to-earth environment where employees have the potential to grow with the business.
Responsible for assisting the Tax Partner and working as part of a team in the provision of high quality compliance services for a range of private clients including high net worth individuals, Directors of small and medium sized companies and Trustees.
Identifying areas of added value and providing relevant advisory services.
- Review self-assessment tax returns, including all necessary calculations of income and gains.
- Present to clients with appropriate explanations.
- Monitor the progress of tax return preparation and payment of tax through the tax cycle.
- Prepare and review IHT forms.
- Provide technical assistance to non-tax staff.
- Complete ad-hoc advisory work as required.
- Responsible for the management of own portfolio of clients.
- Manage and develop client relationships, including regular client contact by telephone, meetings and electronically.
- Identify opportunities for additional services.
- Awareness of business development including representing the Firm at networking events.
- Provision of ad hoc advisory work.
- Review work of junior staff, ensuring quality in compliance with professional standards / requirements.
- Responsible for the training and development of direct reports.
- Ensure board decisions on staff are promptly implemented.
- Ensure staff motivation and loyalty is maintained to minimise staff turnover.
- Ensure effective communication systems between management and staff are established and disseminated to all staff in the company to ensure coherence and a team spirit.
- Conduct annual appraisals and quarterly reviews for all direct reports.
- Actively manage direct reports in respect of holiday, sickness and general day-to-day management.
- Monitor and encourage improvements towards standards of work via guidance, coaching and mentoring.
- Highlight and recommend training requirements for the team and individuals within the team.
- Encourage / foster a culture of continuous development.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues within the organisation to promote teamwork across the group and assist in the development of internal relationships.
- Identify and meet personal job related training as required.
- Provide assistance in terms of general and specific support to Partners and colleagues.
£40-50k (negotiable DOE) | Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm | Hadleigh (preferably based here) / Ipswich / Felixstowe offices | Study support offered | Progressive, friendly environment | Modern accounting | Client relationships / staff management / tax specialist
- 3 years plus working as a Tax Advisor / Assistant Tax Manager or Tax Manager essential
- ATT qualified
- CTA qualification would be desirable
- Previous experience working with ex-pats preferred but not essential
- A strong client advocate, determined to achieve great client outcomes;
- A proven leader who takes ownership and uses initiative
- A strong influencer and negotiator who maintains excellent working relationships
- A problem solver with a resourceful, collaborative and analytical approach
Driving Licence required: Yes
LIGHTHOUSE PERSONNEL LTD ARE A RECRUITMENT AGENCY WORKING ON BEHALF OF A CLIENT.
PLEASE NOTE WE RECEIVE A LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS PER VACANCY AND UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT RESPOND TO ALL APPLICANTS. THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US WITHIN A MONTH FROM APPLICATION DATE, IT IS LIKELY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
If you have been successful, we will contact you by the phone and begin taking you through our step by step recruitment process, doing our utmost to ensure the role is right for you, ascertaining your suitability in the process. This process will all be explained on initial contact.
If you are interested in the role and have further questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01206 984042 to speak to one of our team members confidentially.
- £40-50K DOE
- Employment Terms
- Working Hours
- Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm
- 10 November, 2023