‘Recruiting for your future success’
Our client is an independent, Ipswich-based Chartered Insurance Broker providing business insurance solutions to organisations in Suffolk and beyond.
Our client is a values-driven business, passionate about looking after its staff, clients and the wider community. They are now looking for a like-minded individual to join their team as a Relationship Manager.
The successful candidate will be an experienced commercial broker with strong relationship management skills.
- Successfully lead and manage a portfolio of existing client accounts in close collaboration with Account Handlers;
- Work closely with the Finance and Commercial Director to engage in new business activity and achieve new business targets in accordance with the business plan;
- For both existing client accounts and new business opportunities, carry out face-to-face client meetings to:
- Develop a strong understanding of clients’ businesses, their attitude to risk and their approach to insurance and risk management;
- Clearly identify client demands and needs;
- Accurately identify gaps in cover and potential cross-sell/upselling opportunities;
- For both existing client accounts and new business opportunities:
- Collaborate with colleagues, to create and drive the client strategy;
- Collate and provide Account Handlers with comprehensive meeting minutes and risk information, giving clear instructions to empower their negotiations with insurers;
- Support Account Handlers with insurer negotiations, where required;
- Working in collaboration with Account Handlers, deliver comprehensive and considered risk presentations to clients which meet identified demands and needs and address risk exposures;
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with clients, prospects, colleagues, insurers and other partners/suppliers;
- Actively contribute to deliver the vision in line with business strategy;
- Support the Broking Manager with maintaining the quality of our service and pursuing continuous improvement;
- Act as a role model and technical referral point, sharing your knowledge and experience with the Client Servicing team;
- Be a well-known and respected figure in your operating area with a presence in appropriate networking organisations.
Competitive Salary | Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm | 25 days holiday + bank holidays | Generous Benefits Package | Car Allowance | Generous Commission | Hybrid Working | Development Programme | Rewards Scheme | Commercial Insurance | Client Relationship | New Business & Renewals |
- A proven risk manager with a strong track record of identifying risks and proposing solutions;
- A strong client advocate, determined to achieve great client outcomes;
- A proven leader who takes ownership and uses initiative;
- A strong influencer and negotiator who maintains excellent working relationships at all levels;
- A problem solver with a resourceful, collaborative and analytical approach;
- Proactive in identifying and contributing viable solutions and embracing change;
- A clear communicator with excellent presentation and report writing skills and strong attention to detail;
- An experienced (10 years’ +) commercial broker with a deep understanding of the commercial insurance market and wide product knowledge across the full range of commercial insurance classes;
- Qualified to at least Cert CII level (preferably higher);
- A competent user of Microsoft programmes, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- An experienced Acturis user (preferable);
- Fully conversant with and competent in all aspects of the FCA’s ICOBS rules as it relates to the role and the importance of treating the customer fairly.
Driving Licence required: Yes
LIGHTHOUSE PERSONNEL LTD ARE A RECRUITMENT AGENCY WORKING ON BEHALF OF A CLIENT.
PLEASE NOTE WE RECEIVE A LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS PER VACANCY AND UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT RESPOND TO ALL APPLICANTS. THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US WITHIN A MONTH FROM APPLICATION DATE, IT IS LIKELY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
If you have been successful, we will contact you by the phone and begin taking you through our step by step recruitment process, doing our utmost to ensure the role is right for you, ascertaining your suitability in the process. This process will all be explained on initial contact.
If you are interested in the role and have further questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01206 984042 to speak to one of our team members confidentially.
- Employment Terms
- Working Hours
- Mon-Fri : 9am-5.30pm
- 19 October, 2023