‘Recruiting for your future success’
Our client is a supplier of underfloor heating solutions who have been supplying commercial and residential projects across the UK and Ireland for 30 years. Based in Woolpit, they are passionate about offering a professional, honest service and are proud of their high-quality products. They are looking for a like-minded individual to join their growing team as a Project Sales Administrator.
Responsible for the administration and support for the Account Managers of the Projects Team ensuring smooth co-ordination between projects sales for the team and their clients.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
· Sending customer literature requests
· Creating quotations in Project Manager (in house database)
· Chasing new/missing information needed for design
· Creating and sending out quotations
· Input of data into CRM, setting follow up calls, entering new customers, updating project progress
· Creation and delivery of technical submittals
· Holiday cover for sales people
· Generate tasks for account managers to follow research through
· Manage email boxes for the account managers
· Reading and highlighting customer contracts and sending replies accordingly
· Order acknowledgments to customers
· Advising customer of lead times, deliveries, delays, out of stock advice
· Handling customer returns and faulty products
· ConstructionLine case studies
· Variation orders
· Schedule meetings and CPD training sessions
· Liaise with work colleagues as required
· Participate in internal meetings as requested
· Identify and meet personal job-related training and development as required
· Undertake telephone liaison with relevant contacts
· Provide assistance in terms of general and specific business support as required, for example emails, telephone communication
£19-21k DOE (Bonus Opportunities) | Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm | Pension | Administrative Support/Customer Service/Sales | Professional | Online & Offline Sales | ‘Can-Do’ Attitude
· To effectively communicate in oral and written communications
· Confident telephone manner
· Excellent organisation skills
· Confident use of a PC to communicate internally and externally
· Team worker
· Self – motivated
· Friendly, energetic personality
· Experience within the trade is preferred but not essential
· Confident use of a PC to communicate internally and externally (ability to pick up using a Customer Database ‘CRM’, as well as Microsoft Office tools confidently)
LIGHTHOUSE PERSONNEL LTD ARE A RECRUITMENT AGENCY WORKING ON BEHALF OF A CLIENT.
PLEASE NOTE WE RECEIVE A LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS PER VACANCY AND UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT RESPOND TO ALL APPLICANTS. THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US WITHIN A MONTH FROM APPLICATION DATE, IT IS LIKELY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
If you have been successful, we will contact you by the phone and begin taking you through our step by step recruitment process, doing our utmost to ensure the role is right for you, ascertaining your suitability in the process. This process will all be explained on initial contact.
If you are interested in the role and have further questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01206 984042 to speak to one of our team members confidentially.
- £19-21k DOE (Bonus Opportunities)
- Employment Terms
- Employment Duration
- 10 January, 2022