'Your long-term employment aims are at the heart of what we do'
Our Client is a global technology company that develops, manufactures, and markets products and services for worker safety monitoring. The solutions deliver safety, security, and location awareness through innovative wireless hardware and custom user interfaces, including mobile, messaging, and web services. The company vision is to become the leading supplier of wirelessly connected worker safety monitoring products in the world. They are looking for a People Service Manager to manager and deliver the HR function for their growing European offices (UK, and France).
Our client are seeking a People Services Manager for their European offices, to co-ordinate all HR activities for their business. This will include UK and EU personnel. The People Services Manager’s role will liaise with third-party recruiters and oversee new starter and leaver processes in a compliant manner, and support employee performance initiatives and measures.
This is a full-time position, based at the Colchester (UK) office. Travel to the Europe office in Fresnes (near Lille, France) will be required. Our Client is growing rapidly, and this is a new role where a motivated and experienced individual can join an enthusiastic and dynamic environment, driving the human resources strategy while being supported by an engaged corporate People Services team.
An ability to speak a second European language, particularly French, is preferred but not essential.
The position reports to the Managing Director – Europe, with a dotted line to the Director, People & Engagement Services at our Calgary HQ.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
· Coordination of human resources activities for the Company’s offices in the UK and various field sales teams throughout Europe; liaising with the Corporate People Services team to deliver effective and efficient solutions
· Assistance with the coordination of employee information for a variety of requirements including contracts, security check screening, employee vaccination status and the Bright HR online application
· Confirm and coordinate all contractor agreements with support from corporate people services
· Assistance with the enrolment of employees in health and benefits schemes
· Assistance with and coordination of new employee onboarding and employee offboarding, including exit interviews; liaising with Corporate People Services to ensure consistency of process and compliance requirements
· Communicate with employees on the Company’s Employee Handbook and Corporate policies and procedures; escalate as required for support of complex incidents
· Draft and coordinate, in consultation with third-party recruiters, job postings and ensure timely follow-ups, for effective reporting
· Effective and timely reporting to the Managing Director with analytics and other requirements as required
· Working with the Company’s Executive Assistants to ensure effective communication, and information transfer
· Support of performance management, employee engagement surveys, and other activities to drive culture initiatives and effective teamwork
· Remain up to date on all applicable legislation and human resource best practices
£35-45k per annum (DOE) | Mon-Fri 8:30-5 | French Speaking Preferred (but not essential) | Excellent Holiday Allowance/Company Share Scheme/Life Insurance/Pension/Company Events/Great Company Culture | International HR, Training, Onboarding Employees | Confidence to take Ownership/Experienced to Deliver | Regular International Travel Required
· Minimum of 5 years of human resource experience; certification in human resources
· Completion of CIPD designation considered an asset
· Awareness or experience with contracted payroll would be considered an asset
· Second language (French, Italian, German) considered an asset but not essential
· Experience with jurisdictional differences in employment legislation considered an asset
· Ability to adapt to a dynamic, entrepreneurial and fast-paced work environment
· Ability to work independently with excellent organization skills in assuming responsibility for coordinating multiple priorities
· Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner, working with multiple stakeholders
· Ability to identify escalation points to request support in decision making
· Strong working knowledge of MS Office and MS Excel
· Detail oriented, with strong verbal and written communication skills
· There will also be the requirement of an in date passport as international travel is likely to fulfil the role requirements
· PLEASE NOTE: the successful candidate will be required to undertake a DBS check on joining the company.
LIGHTHOUSE PERSONNEL LTD ARE A RECRUITMENT AGENCY WORKING ON BEHALF OF A CLIENT
PLEASE NOTE WE RECEIVE A LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS PER VACANCY AND UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT RESPOND TO ALL APPLICANTS. THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US WITHIN A MONTH FROM APPLICATION DATE, IT IS LIKELY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
If you have been successful, we will contact you by the phone and begin taking you through our step by step recruitment process, doing our upmost to ensure the role is right for you, ascertaining your suitability in the process. This process will all be explained on initial contact.
If you are interested in the role and have further questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01206 984042 to speak to one of our team members confidentially.
- £35,000 to £45,000 (neg DOE)
- Employment Terms
- Working Hours
- Mon-Fri 8:30-5
- Employment Duration
- 13 September, 2021