‘Recruiting for your future success’
Our client is the UK’s leading Data Protection Officer resource centre. They have delivered services to over 450 organisations since 2017. As a team of 35, their core business is to provide ‘fractional’ (so less than part-time) outsourced Data Protection Officer (DPO) resources. They also provide GDPR and NIS Representation services to organisations globally.
They look only to work with proactive, motivated, enthusiastic, customer driven, commercially aware team players, who can clearly demonstrate a passion for what they do and therefore offer an ideal fit with the company’s core values, mission and culture. To support their continued growth, they are recruiting for a Finance Officer.
As Finance Officer, you will be carrying out a wide range of tasks for finance and client services, so excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. The role involves working with systems such as Xero, Workflowmax, Hubspot, and Trello, to name but a few.
You will need to be an enthusiastic team player who is well presented, articulate and has excellent written and non-verbal communication skills. You will be an outstanding organiser and have the capacity to manage and prioritise tasks received from multiple sources.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Creating invoices for all contracted works the company’s UK and Irish entities
• Carrying out regular financial reports, both on systems and spreadsheets
• Retrieving and logging of all regular outgoing payments
• Close monitoring of the company’s financial invoicing system to ensure all invoices are accurate and sent in a timely manner
• Responding to and resolving any client invoicing issues
• Responding to and resolving any queries from the UK or Dublin accountants
• Regular monitoring of the company’s financial credit control and taking appropriate action where required
• Creating end-of-month deferral reports
• Managing incoming financial tasks from office staff as required
• Providing cover for other office staff roles during absence and holidays
• Support with general administrate tasks to support the office
£23-28k Basic Salary | Mon-Fri 9-5:30 | Ipswich (Office Based) | Great Benefits Offered | Data Protection Advisors | Collaborative/One Team Environment | Value Driven, Growing Organisation | Invoicing, Reporting, Credit Control, Administrative Support
• A degree level qualification, however experience in a finance/accounting role is more valued than qualifications
• An enthusiastic ‘people person’ and team player
• A willingness to learn, work hard, contribute to the team and develop new skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to be able to handle multiple ongoing tasks with various deadlines and priority levels
• Highly organised, structured, disciplined with exceptional attention to detail
• The ability to work under pressure and prioritise multiple activities
• Exceptional time management skills to manage your time and meet deadlines
• Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
• Advanced knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
• The confidence to propose new and improved processes and effect positive change
• Working knowledge of Xero and other accounting software programmes
LIGHTHOUSE PERSONNEL LTD ARE A RECRUITMENT AGENCY WORKING ON BEHALF OF A CLIENT.
PLEASE NOTE WE RECEIVE A LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS PER VACANCY AND UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT RESPOND TO ALL APPLICANTS. THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US WITHIN A MONTH FROM APPLICATION DATE, IT IS LIKELY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
If you have been successful, we will contact you by the phone and begin taking you through our step by step recruitment process, doing our utmost to ensure the role is right for you, ascertaining your suitability in the process. This process will all be explained on initial contact.
If you are interested in the role and have further questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01206 984042 to speak to one of our team members confidentially.
- £23-28k DOE
- Employment Terms
- Working Hours
- Mon-Fri 9-5:30
- Employment Duration
- 5 January, 2022