‘Recruiting for your future success’
Our client is the UK’s leading Data Protection Officer resource centre. They have delivered services to over 450 organisations since 2017. As a team of 35, their core business is to provide ‘fractional’ (so less than part-time) outsourced Data Protection Officer (DPO) resources. They also provide GDPR and NIS Representation services to organisations globally.
Now looking for a DSAR Officer, they offer the opportunity to work in a fast paced, dynamic and varied role, alongside other like-minded and motivated professionals, within a structured, organised and co-ordinated environment with a one team approach.
The role of the DSAR Officer is to ensure that appropriate and complete responses are handled in a timely, accurate and balanced way to meet clients’ needs and ensure their compliance with information rights legislation. Each DSAR response project you are assigned will be supported by an experienced Data Protection Officer from the team, therefore offering many learning and development opportunities.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Supporting the full life cycle of DSAR requests
• Inform and advise organisations of their obligations
• Ensure all assigned DSARs are completed within agreed timeframes
• Ensure appropriate redactions / exemptions are applied as outlined in the Data Protection Act
• Manage client expectations and liaise with 3rd parties like the ICO (supported by a DPO where required)
• Manage and maintain a DSAR log
• Produce reports and information summaries on completed DSARs
• Keep up to date with changes in data protection law and regulations
• Actively contribute to building the overall knowledge base of the team
• Support the development of internal processes to streamline service delivery
£25k Basic Salary (Negotiable) | Mon-Fri 9-5:30 | Ipswich | Great Benefits Offered | Dealing with Subject Access Requests | Collaborative/One Team Environment | Value Driven, Growing Organisation | Staff Training, Development & Learning Activity Management
• Knowledge and experience of fulfilling DSAR requests, with a solid knowledge of the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018
• Ideally, a data protection qualification such as EU-GDPR-P, CIPP/E etc
• Degree level qualification, ideally in law (LLB or LLM)
• Extensive experience dealing with the full lifecycle of SAR requests
• Experience across two or more industry sectors (such as education or healthcare)
• Ability to work independently yet also be a strong team player
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• The ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, trust and credibility
• Calm, controlled and resilient demeanour
• A commercial attitude towards time management
• Proven ability to deliver at pace and manage a quality service
• An ability to think strategically, assess risks and explain the potential consequences
• Knowledge of video editing and document redaction tools
• Negotiation skills to ensure the most appropriate, rather than ‘easy’, course of action is taken
LIGHTHOUSE PERSONNEL LTD ARE A RECRUITMENT AGENCY WORKING ON BEHALF OF A CLIENT.
PLEASE NOTE WE RECEIVE A LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS PER VACANCY AND UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT RESPOND TO ALL APPLICANTS. THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US WITHIN A MONTH FROM APPLICATION DATE, IT IS LIKELY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
If you have been successful, we will contact you by the phone and begin taking you through our step by step recruitment process, doing our utmost to ensure the role is right for you, ascertaining your suitability in the process. This process will all be explained on initial contact.
If you are interested in the role and have further questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01206 984042 to speak to one of our team members confidentially.
- £25k Basic Salary (Negotiable)
- Employment Terms
- Working Hours
- Mon-Fri 9-5:30
- Employment Duration
- 16 August, 2021