CLIENT EXECUTIVE / ACCOUNT HANDLER
‘Recruiting for your future success’
Our client is an independent, Ipswich-based Chartered Insurance Broker providing business insurance solutions to organisations in Suffolk and beyond.
Our client is a values-driven business, passionate about looking after its staff, clients and the wider community. They are now looking for a like-minded individual to join their team as an Account Handler.
The successful candidate will be an experienced commercial broker with strong relationship management skills.
- Successfully manage a portfolio of existing client accounts in close collaboration with a Relationship Manager (Commercial clients) or directly (Small Business clients);
- When required, provide support for new business opportunities, including working on opportunities led by Relationship Managers.
- Where appropriate, attend client meetings in support of a Relationship Manager;
- Whether working alongside a Relationship Manager or on a direct account:
- Develop a strong understanding of clients’ businesses, their attitude to risk and their approach to insurance and risk management;
- Clearly identify client demands and needs;
- Accurately identify gaps in cover and potential cross-sell/upselling opportunities;
- Gather, co-ordinate and update policy risk information and claims data;
- Carry out pre-renewal work and broking exercises to ensure client demands and needs are met;
- Prepare comprehensive and considered client reports, including risk presentations, pre-renewal and renewal reports;
- Finalise renewal negotiations with clients and insurers using a considered approach;
- Thoroughly check insurer documentation to ensure that it reflects client instructions and cover expectations;
- Process mid-term adjustments;
- Be responsible for credit control and debt management.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with clients, prospects, colleagues, insurers, and other partners/suppliers;
- Act as a role model and technical referral point, sharing your knowledge and experience with the Client Servicing team;
- Support the Broking Manager with maintaining the quality of our service and pursuing continuous improvement.
Competitive Salary | Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm | 25 days holiday + bank holidays | Generous Benefits Package | Hybrid Working | Development Programme | Rewards Scheme | Commercial Insurance | Account Handler | Client Portfolio Manager |
- A proven commercial broker with strong experience and knowledge of a variety of classes of commercial insurance, including a good awareness of current market conditions;
- A strong client advocate, determined to achieve great client outcomes;
- A strong negotiator who maintains excellent working relationships at all levels;
- A problem solver with a resourceful, collaborative and analytical approach;
- Proactive in identifying and contributing viable solutions and embracing change;
- A clear communicator with excellent telephone manner, report writing skills and a strong attention to detail;
- Comfortable working on your own initiative and taking accountability;
- Collaborative in your approach and prepared to readily support colleagues where required;
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills;
- Qualified to at least Cert CII level and have over 3 years’ commercial broking experience;
- A competent user of Microsoft programmes, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Competent user of Acturis (preferable but not essential);
- Fully conversant with and competent in all aspects of the FCA’s ICOBS rules as it relates to the role and the importance of treating the customer fairly.
Driving Licence required: Preferable
LIGHTHOUSE PERSONNEL LTD ARE A RECRUITMENT AGENCY WORKING ON BEHALF OF A CLIENT.
PLEASE NOTE WE RECEIVE A LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS PER VACANCY AND UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT RESPOND TO ALL APPLICANTS. THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US WITHIN A MONTH FROM APPLICATION DATE, IT IS LIKELY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
If you have been successful, we will contact you by the phone and begin taking you through our step by step recruitment process, doing our utmost to ensure the role is right for you, ascertaining your suitability in the process. This process will all be explained on initial contact.
If you are interested in the role and have further questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01206 984042 to speak to one of our team members confidentially.
- Competitive Salary
- Employment Terms
- Working Hours
- Mon-Fri : 9am-5.30pm
- 19 October, 2023