BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
'Your long-term employment aims are at the heart of what we do'
Founded in 1998, our Client are part of a larger organisation who currently employ over 1,200 staff nationwide. They provide a comprehensive, high-quality management support service to the BID industry and are experts in their field. Our client is now looking to take on a Business Development Executive to join the team.
There will be constant liaison with other members of staff and clients in various UK locations to coordinate and deliver on the company targets. The role demands close attention to company budgets with a proactive approach to meeting sales objectives. The role will be bonused based on achieving the set objectives.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Build good working relationships.
- Understand the needs of potential or existing customers.
- Present the product or service favourably and in a structured professional way.
- Listen to customer requirements and present appropriately to make a sale.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails.
- Cold call with potential customers to prospect for new business.
- Respond to incoming email and phone enquiries.
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement and close sales.
- Gather market and customer information.
- Advise on forthcoming product developments and discuss special promotion.
- Create detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process which is largely dictated by the prospective customer.
- Make accurate cost calculations and providing customers with quotations.
- Review and evaluate marketing tactics with Marketing Team
- Make sales as necessary to maximise income and meet sales targets and objectives.
- Administer the company online booking system.
- Support the organisations events through the booking of course venues etc.
- Work alongside the marketing team to promote products and services.
- The role may require travel including some overnight stays. The company will meet the cost of such business expenses.
Business Development Executive
£21k Basic Salary (£35k OTE) | Mon-Fri | 9-5:30 | Central Ipswich | some remote working| 25 days holiday plus bank holidays | Contributory Pension | Company sick pay scheme | Private Medical Insurance after 12 months service | Client Relationships | New & Existing Business | Team-Player | Initiative |
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- A proven flair for sales and focus on target achievement.
- Sound customer service skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- An ability to work under pressure and multitask to achieve set targets and maintain standards.
- Flexibility and can-do attitude.
- Team player.
- Good database skills.
- Outgoing personality with ability to form strong business relationships.
- IT Literate, particularly in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative, with communication of activities back to line manager.
- Ability to always work with professionalism and integrity.
- A relevant higher education qualification desirable.
- Knowledge of Google docs and Google sheets desirable.
- Has a UK full driving licence.
LIGHTHOUSE PERSONNEL LTD ARE A RECRUITMENT AGENCY WORKING ON BEHALF OF A CLIENT.
PLEASE NOTE WE RECEIVE A LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS PER VACANCY AND UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT RESPOND TO ALL APPLICANTS. THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US WITHIN A MONTH FROM APPLICATION DATE, IT IS LIKELY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
If you have been successful, we will contact you by the phone and begin taking you through our step by step recruitment process, doing our upmost to ensure the role is right for you, ascertaining your suitability in the process. This process will all be explained on initial contact.
If you are interested in the role and have further questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01206 984042 to speak to one of our team members confidentially.
- £21,000 basic (£35k OTE)
- Employment Terms
- Working Hours
- Mon-Fri 9-5:30
- 15 December, 2021