Our client is a pretty parkland golf club in the Suffolk countryside, with excellent facilities and a friendly welcoming atmosphere. They pride themselves on providing a warm welcome and are looking for like-minded individuals to join their team as an Assistant Clubhouse Manager.
The successful candidate will be an experienced events and people manager with a passion for providing the best customer service, looking to work in a friendly team.
Our client is now on the lookout for an Assistant Clubhouse Manager who will be responsible for assisting the Clubhouse Manager with the smooth running of the clubhouse.
Duties (include but are not limited to)
- Answering enquiries, preparing quotes.
- Managing the events bookings from enquiry to booking conversion.
- Arrange deposit invoice & booking paperwork – communicate with accounts department.
- Seek opportunity to upsell.
- Ordering of stock / supplies as required for each event
- Preparing all event paperwork for front of house / kitchen in good time
- Brief team and other departments in good detail
- Look for opportunity to cross-sell and promote catering opportunities
- Managing the bar stock & cellar
- Managing suppliers and contacts
- Managing the restaurant and helping the Head chef with maintaining the menus to achieve the correct GP
- Maintaining great customer service for the members
- Managing health & safety in the clubhouse
- Monitors the budget and directs corrective action procedures as necessary to help assure that budget goals are attained
- Assists the clubhouse manager in developing and implementing long-range (strategic) and annual (business) plans, operating reports, forecasts and budgets.
- Maintains contact with members and helps to assure maximum member satisfaction. 10. Receives and resolves complaints from club members, guests and employees
- interacts with members answering questions, solving problems, overseeing services and cleanliness and showing the club facilities to visitors
- Oversees club operations on a daily basis
- Conducts training and other meetings with department staff.
Up to £30K | Varied working hours | Free Club Membership | Free Meals | Good Work Life Balance | Management | Events | Catering | People Management |
- Experience within hospitality, events management or transferrable skills
- Clear and detailed communication skills - written & verbal
- Organisation skills
- Fully competent with Microsoft Office, Social media skills
- Time management in a very busy environment
- Strong customer service skills, with great eye for detail and thorough planning
- Great financial and commercial awareness in a “fun environment”
- Flexible approach in over-coming challenges & problem-solving
- Flexible working required to include weekdays, evenings and weekends according to the events schedule
LIGHTHOUSE PERSONNEL LTD ARE A RECRUITMENT AGENCY WORKING ON BEHALF OF A CLIENT.
PLEASE NOTE WE RECEIVE A LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS PER VACANCY AND UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT RESPOND TO ALL APPLICANTS. THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US WITHIN A MONTH FROM APPLICATION DATE, IT IS LIKELY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
If you have been successful, we will contact you by the phone and begin taking you through our step by step recruitment process, doing our utmost to ensure the role is right for you, ascertaining your suitability in the process. This process will all be explained on initial contact.
If you are interested in the role and have further questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01206 984042 to speak to one of our team members confidentially.
- Up to £30k
- Employment Terms
- Working Hours
- Varied Working Hours
- Mid Suffolk
- 1 November, 2023