ACCOUNTS/AUDIT SENIOR / SEMI SENIOR
‘Recruiting for your future success’
Accounts/Audit Senior / Semi Senior
Our client is a forward-thinking and innovate accountancy practice, with a passion for understanding their clients goals and building long term relationships to maximise results.
Based in Braintree, they are passionate about providing a quality and professional service and are now looking for like-minded individuals to join their team as an Accounts/Audit Senior / Semi Senior.
The successful candidate will be AAT or ACCA qualified and have accountancy practice experience.
- To undertake the training requirements of the Practice in order to develop and progress your knowledge and skills.
- To integrate successfully with the team and provide effective support for other team members.
- Dealing with complex accounting issues as required on accountancy assignments including ensuring that the accounting policies and estimates used on the client are appropriate and that the disclosures are correct.
- Ensuring that the accounts file has been completed correctly and is ready for review.
- Highlighting any issues or inconsistencies in the accounting information and other areas for concern.
- Use analytical techniques to ensure that the accounts prepared are in accordance with client and industry expectations.
- To prepare written communication to send to or verbally communicate with clients to obtain information to complete the accounts preparation process and to deal with any queries raised.
- Preparation or review of management accounts including data analysis.
- Understand the implications of good management accounting and identifying weaknesses in clients systems and procedures and recommend improvements.
- Being able to train and explain to clients the benefits of maintaining good accounting records and train changes required or implementation of new accounting software.
- Detailed audit work on the more complex areas of the audit assignment including stock and work in progress, taxation and other areas considered as medium to high risk on the assignment.
- Reviewing the audit work of junior members of the team and feeding back to them and ensuring that adequate audit evidence has been obtained and the conclusions raised are appropriate.
- Preparation of corporation tax computations for all levels of organisation including group structures where necessary.
- Liaising with the tax department as necessary on complicated or unusual adjustments.
- Understanding the tax treatment of salary and dividend payments for limited companies and preparing basic computations for personal tax could be prepared for review as part of the annual accounts process.
- Managing and reviewing the work of assistant team members’, identifying training needs, and providing timely feedback for their development.
- To adhere to and follow the Practice’s workflow procedures including updating digita practice management tasks and completing daily timesheets.
- To ensure that practice procedures are understood and followed by more junior members of the team.
- To be prepared to take on additional tasks and follow instructions and procedures that are required for the operation of the accounts and audit process.
- Commercially aware in terms of undertaking tasks and preparing accounts and audit in a cost effective manner and meeting external deadlines imposed.
- To have an understanding of the services provided by the Practice in order to recognise opportunities to promote these externally. To assist with the promotion of the Practice if possible through sharing Practice articles with social media.
- To be prepared to deliver a training session to staff on key accounting or audit areas as requested by the Partners.
- To adhere to the Firm’s Health & Safety Policy at all times
Competitive Salary | Mon-Fri Full time (various working hour contracts) | Birthday & Christmas Gifts | TOIL scheme | Salary Sacrifice scheme (gym/healthcare) | Free Parking | Bonus Scheme | Accounts Practice | Audit
- AAT / ACCA qualified with experience within practice
- Act with due care and attention and ensure confidentiality is applied at all times
- Commitment to learning new skills and to continually develop your knowledge
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- Having an enquiring mind in order to resolve issues
- Being able to challenge decisions and put across your point of view
- Provide encouragement and empathy when providing training to members of staff
- Communicate effectively with internal and external parties on both a verbal and written level.
- Good analytical and interpretation skills of clients’ data.
Driving Licence required: No
DBS/criminal records check to be carried out by employer: No
LIGHTHOUSE PERSONNEL LTD ARE A RECRUITMENT AGENCY WORKING ON BEHALF OF A CLIENT.
PLEASE NOTE WE RECEIVE A LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS PER VACANCY AND UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT RESPOND TO ALL APPLICANTS. THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US WITHIN A MONTH FROM APPLICATION DATE, IT IS LIKELY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
If you have been successful, we will contact you by the phone and begin taking you through our step by step recruitment process, doing our utmost to ensure the role is right for you, ascertaining your suitability in the process. This process will all be explained on initial contact.
If you are interested in the role and have further questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01206 984042 to speak to one of our team members confidentially.
- Competitive DOE
- Employment Terms
- Working Hours
- Mon - Fri 8.30am-5pm (flexible working contracts available)
- 3 October, 2023