‘Recruiting for your future success’
Our client is an established heat pump business with over 20 years of experience and significant revenue growth, looking for a conscientious accountant to support the Finance Director and the accounts assistants and to support future expansion plans on a national scale.
Based in Clacton, they are passionate about the core values of the business, which include learning and improving, belief, happiness, positivity, teamwork, and honesty. They are a vibrant local business, with a very exciting future and believe strongly in teamwork and rewarding hard work and are looking for like-minded individuals to join their team as an Accountant.
The successful candidate will be have a minimum of 5 years’ experience within an accounts department.
Our client is now on the lookout for an Accountant who will be responsible for supporting the Finance Director and the accounts assistants in their tasks.
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Completing purchase orders
- Checking Sub-contractor invoices for correct VAT and CIS details
- Checking Sub-contractor invoices for audit purposes, chasing electrical certificates
- Assisting with the payroll reports
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team
- Assisting with budgets
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
- Managing company ledgers
- Processing business expenses
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
- Verifying bank deposits
- Managing day-to-day transactions
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget.
- Assisting the Finance Director with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
- Reporting on debtors and creditors
- Handling accruals and prepayments
- Encoding accounting entries for data processing
- Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods
Up to £35K DOE | Mon-Fri 9am-5pm | Employee Assistance Programme | Pension | Employee energy tariff | Parking | Team Events | Accountant | Energy | Teamwork |
- Minimum of qualification of AAT level 4 with previous experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Competent IT Skills.
- Strong Bookkeeping Skills.
- Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills.
- Experience in Balance Sheet and Accounts Preparation
- Minimum of 5 years Accounting experience (required)
- Sage experience / Xero
- Proficient in Excel
- Positive mindset always looking for solutions rather than objections.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and able to successfully communicate with people at all levels, both financial and non-financial.
- Good attention to detail and a pro-active approach to problem solving. Self-motivated and highly organised.
Driving Licence required: No
DBS/criminal records check to be carried out by employer: No
LIGHTHOUSE PERSONNEL LTD ARE A RECRUITMENT AGENCY WORKING ON BEHALF OF A CLIENT.
PLEASE NOTE WE RECEIVE A LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS PER VACANCY AND UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT RESPOND TO ALL APPLICANTS. THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US WITHIN A MONTH FROM APPLICATION DATE, IT IS LIKELY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
If you have been successful, we will contact you by the phone and begin taking you through our step by step recruitment process, doing our utmost to ensure the role is right for you, ascertaining your suitability in the process. This process will all be explained on initial contact.
If you are interested in the role and have further questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01206 984042 to speak to one of our team members confidentially.
- Up to £35000
- Employment Terms
- Working Hours
- Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
- 13 September, 2023